Welcome! Author, motivational speaker, educator and licensed belief therapist Jane Harber is available to speak to, or conduct seminars for, your group or function. Contact Jane here to schedule.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

5 Tips For Promoting Your Book(s)

I appreciate the opportunity to guest blog for author, Jane Harber. Hopefully, this will be a help to her readers. 

I have been asked by my author friends to give them a few tips on getting more book sales. Today I will give 5 tips. I will be giving 5 tips for book sales every week. Be sure to keep checking in to see the new posts.

1.    Don't be shy about telling people you know that you have a contract to have your book published. Have someone take a picture of you with your contract and include it with an article that you have written about your book and the process you have been through. This works really well in a small hometown paper. If you grew up in a small town, don't forget to send this to them also.

2.     If you don't have a facebook profile page, you really need to get one. Tell everyone about your book, but be sure to be yourself, also. Put your book title and your website address in your permanent information box under your profile picture. That way, you don't have to be "in your face" to people about your book.

3.     Send an email to your email contacts about your book. If it has been out a while, offer it at a discounted price. Paypal has a button you can put on a simple email so that those who would rather use a credit card to purchase can do so right on the email.

4.     Speaking of Paypal, go to paypal.com and study all of the options they have for you. I like them because they don't charge unless you have a sale. Then it is just a small percentage. They have so much to offer, you will need to take a little time to see how to best utilize everything. I put paypal buttons on my weekly newsletter and shopping carts on my website. It is handy for everyone.

5.    Subscribe to blogs that have helpful hints and marketing help. I have a dozen that I read every week. I take notes on the things that I think will work for me and delete the things I am not ready for. I have a folder in my email for those who are the best of the best ideas. I spend anywhere from 1 to 5 hrs a day marketing.

If you have questions about any of these 5 tips or want more details, leave a comment and I will get back to you.

I offer personal coaching to authors. The first week is $5. If you find my coaching helpful, the cost is $50 per month. Contact me at http://elainelittau.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment